The day has finally come

Reaction score
Well my birthday is in all but a few days and i somehow convinced my parents, mainly my dad, into getting me a macbook to replace my old PoS laptop that last all of 20 minutes on the battery.. but basically my point of posting here right now was wondering that when i go to pick up my macbook from bestbuy tomorrow, is there anything i should grab right then and there to go along with the macbook aka application packages, anything along those lines, also mindful that i will be using it for school so anything that i might need for school that i should pick up also.. thank you very much

Reaction score
USB flash drives are pretty handy, and they keep getting cheaper. I can't recommend any commercial software, because all the applications I use are free! Since you're in school, you might want an office suite - I recommend NeoOffice (at least until the OpenOffice 3.0 comes out).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
Since you will be using it for school, I recommend getting either a sleeve (so you can tote around your MacBook in any bag) and/or a laptop bag to protect your investment.

I have both and they are a total necessity for me when I'm on campus.

Also, I would look into either Office 2008, iWork, or NeoOffice. There is always a debate over which is the best of the three, but I think it comes down to what your needs are.

T

todd51

Are you in college? You may want to pick up a locking mechanism if your living in the dorms. Other than that, a flash drive, and a sleeve/case like the others have mentioned, you should be set.

OP
T
Reaction score
thank you very much to everyone.. I was wondering if i should get a whole new laptop bag for this but i think buying a sleeve and putting it in an smaller indivual section of my bag will surfice hopefully.. I was also do my homework and find out which word proccessor to invest in, thank you very much to everyone for all the help

Reaction score
Get Parallels! You may have the need to run some windows software from time to time. Having your windows applications running right alongside your mac apps is very very nice. It beats having to reboot all the time to get into windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
thank you very much to everyone.. I was wondering if i should get a whole new laptop bag for this but i think buying a sleeve and putting it in an smaller indivual section of my bag will surfice hopefully.. I was also do my homework and find out which word proccessor to invest in, thank you very much to everyone for all the help

If you already have a bag that you like, there is no reason to get a new one.

I personally like having a sleeve because I am not limited to carrying around my laptop bag all of the time. The sleeve gives protection and makes sure that my MacBook doesn't get bumped and bruised whether I decide to use a different bag or no bag at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.