uninstalling a program

Reaction score
How do you completely uninstall a program?? I am use to add/remove programs in a PC!!

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
You can just drag the program from the Application folder to the trash. It's that easy. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
You can just drag the program from the Application folder to the trash. It's that easy. =)

There might also be some data in your /Users/<your_name>/Library, but what that is will be dependent on what application you're removing.

Doug "Proud Mac User Since July 21, 2008"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Some programs do have an uninstaller - I know CS 2 does, so try that, and if there isn't one you can just shove it in the trash.

You can also get things like AppZapper to get rid of them. Not having used one I can't offer a review though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
I just picked up something called "AppCleaner" that seemed to work pretty well. It picks up files associated with apps and deletes them as well. In one of the test cases I tried, it didn't detect anything in the users directory; so you might be on your own for that. Or you might want to keep those files.

Reaction score
There's really not much point in those things, they are just a couple of KB.

If the app has an uninstaller, use that. Otherwise, delete it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
I just picked up something called "AppCleaner" that seemed to work pretty well. It picks up files associated with apps and deletes them as well. In one of the test cases I tried, it didn't detect anything in the users directory; so you might be on your own for that. Or you might want to keep those files.

I use AppCleaner all the time. Great little app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.