New MacBook 4Q?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was reading rumors of the Macbook being changed to a an aluminum casing somewhere within the 4th quarter I think. I'm hoping to get a blackbook because I like the current design.

I probably wont be able to get one until August 1st, I'm assuming I should still be able to get what I want?

I just hope I can get the mac I want!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Nobody knows anything about anything until Apple releases something...

But since August 1st is only 8 days away you'll probably be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
jus get the macbook. u will luv it.. we will never be able to catch up with the new release :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
Hey guys, I was reading rumors of the Macbook being changed to a an aluminum casing somewhere within the 4th quarter I think. I'm hoping to get a blackbook because I like the current design.

I probably wont be able to get one until August 1st, I'm assuming I should still be able to get what I want?

I just hope I can get the mac I want!

When I purchased my MacBook back in November, I was facing a similar situation. I really wanted the white MacBook instead any possible cosmetic changes.

If a new MacBook does come out before you can purchase one, at least you would be able to get a discount on the model that you want from some stores. For example, when the iMac switched to aluminum, I saw a price cut on the previous model at Future Shop.

Although, if you are using a student discount and/or custom configuration to your MacBook via the Apple Store online (as I did), I am not sure how long they carry previous stock when a newer model comes out.

I personally think that you will be able to get your desired Mac before the update. I think of the current campaign for students as a "get rid of the current stock to make room for the new stock" later on in October/November/December.

jus get the macbook. u will luv it.. we will never be able to catch up with the new release :)

I think that the point of JHatz's post was to get the current MacBook, not one being released in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.