DVD on ipod touch or iphone 2.0 software

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm using handrbrake w/ Mac os 10.4 and it will no longer let me put my DVDs on my ipod touch or Iphone w/ software 2.0 Anyone have any suggestions...what are you using?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Are your movies showing up in iTunes? Are you using mp4? iTunes is not going to recognize an avi file. It never has.

OP
A
Reaction score
They are showing up in itunes. I put handbrake in the iphone format. When i go to sync the ipod/iphone in itunes it says that it cant be read by the ipod/iphone. I'm using handbrake 9.0 because 9.2 is for os 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Sorry to hijack here, but... so if you use Handbrake you can convert your DVD, movie, video files to an iPhone-compatible format? And then just move them to iTunes to sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
They are showing up in itunes. I put handbrake in the iphone format. When i go to sync the ipod/iphone in itunes it says that it cant be read by the ipod/iphone. I'm using handbrake 9.0 because 9.2 is for os 10.5

What about your old movies that you already had in there, are they syncing fine?

You should probably post in the Handbrake forums, you will get better results there. There is not a lot of traffic on this forum...I just happend to stumble on your post.

OP
A
Reaction score
My old movies are staying on the ipod/iphone but have not tried to delete them from the device and resync. I'll try the handbrake forum. Thanks so much for the help=)

Reaction score
My old movies are staying on the ipod/iphone but have not tried to delete them from the device and resync. I'll try the handbrake forum. Thanks so much for the help=)

I noticed when I went to v2 and had to upgrade itunes to do it, that i couldn't use any Itunes purchased music in final cut pro (editing software). it seems to be protected now. Kind of a drag, I do have permission to use this stuff, but it's just easier to get it off itunes, then drag it into the editor.

Anyway, they might be doing the same kind of thing with video's too now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Hmmm... have you tried to move the file over manually. I know you can just take one song at a time. This is especially useful when your friend has a song you want, and you don't want their entire playlist, or your own playlist being erased, for that matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In Handbrake update the presets. Sometimes the old ones get messed up and stop working. Also, check the settings and make sure that HB is not making the video to big for the iPhone (say bigger that 640 x 480 for instance). I've been reading quite a bit of stuff about this on the HB forums and it seems invariably the video size is getting messed up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.