File transfer problem via USB cable...

pod

Reaction score
I have been transferring music and picture files between my mobile phone (Sony Ericcson K800i) and G4 iBook via a usb cable.

By mistake I physically disconnected the USB cable before I unmounted/ejected the phone's hard disc via its icon (that shows in the left hand side of the iBooks Finder window).

Now when I connect the phone to the iBook via the USB cable, the phone does not show on my desktop or in my Finder window at all.

Have I done something terminal! How might I rectify this problem?

The phone/iBook still transfers files fine via bluetooth.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
sorry to give the standard IT staff response, but have you shutdown and restarted?

OP
pod

pod

Reaction score
Yep :D ... both phone and iBook.

I wondered if there were some preferences or similar I should throw away?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I have been transferring music and picture files between my mobile phone (Sony Ericcson K800i) and G4 iBook via a usb cable. I physically disconnected the USB cable before I unmounted/ejected the phone's hard disc via its icon.
Now when I connect the phone to the iBook via the USB cable, the phone does not show on my desktop or in my Finder window at all.

This happens with cameras too, and the solution is to reformat the camera card, independent of the computer. How you might do that with your Sony phone I can only guess, maybe remove the battery for 24 hours, something like that.

I know this seems simplistic, and connection has worked alright for you before now, but some USB peripherals will not mount unless they're powered on and THEN the USB plug connected to the computer port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.