Video card really worth the extra money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, 2.5ghz. 4g ram, 512 vid card. 15" screen 250g harddrive
Hey I'm Steve, Im a few hundred short of purchasing a Macbook Pro, but it will come VERY SOON.. btw, if anybody wants to buy a suped up camaro, PM me ;).
but anyway, Ive decided I want to go w/ the 2.5 GHZ macbook pro, 15" screen w/ the 512 video card and an upgraded 4G of ram... But i was just thinking.. is the extra .1 and video card really worth it? Am i really going to know the difference? Seeing as I'm leaving for the military fairly soon, this will be my all around laptop..any games I play, I will be playing on this computer.. I might even be doing some editing of videos/pictures if I get bored enough.. So what do you guys think, is it really worth it?
thanks,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The extra .1 gig will make no difference. The graphics GPU will though if you're playing games.

The extra RAM will be cheaper if you buy elsewhere and fir it yourself. Apple make a cheeky big markup on their memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 2.4gz 4gb ram 200 gb hd
The extra memory is always good, especially since you joining the military your laptop will be your best friend. I am in the navy and i have gone thru 3 laptops in 8 years of service. Depending where you get deploy or station they might catch lots of sand water snow dirt, so make sure to try to keep compress air at all times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.