help with uninstall/install adobe cs3

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to mac and have an imac. I removed older versions of the adobe suite but now when I try to install the new software, it says the programs are already installed. They are not listed under applications and I emptied the trash which held the old versions. Now what do I do?? I don't have the old versions and I can't install the new ones.....can anyone help??
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if you remember the name of the version you removed, i would check adobe.com for an uninstaller and run it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Use Spotlight in the Menubar, type Adobe and see if anything comes up, if it does, go to the area it's in and delete it.

Also check in Library/Application Support and see if there is anything Adobe in there. I have Adobe Photoshop CS 3 and I remember finding the uninstaller file in a folder, I found it while searching for something else lol

OP
L
Reaction score
THANKS Ki99!

Thanks so much.....there is an uninstaller in the mac utilities/adobe folder. I ran it and got the old software uninstalled and the new version is installed and running. You saved the day for me! Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
There is a application called AppZapper. Check it out. There is a trial version.

http://www.appzapper.com/

header.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I know your reply is referring to K199 but just wanted to say: Unilities/Adobe Installers Folder is excatly where I meant, I just couldn't remember excatly as I found my uninstaller by accident.

Glad to see you were able to remove it

Thanks so much.....there is an uninstaller in the mac utilities/adobe folder. I ran it and got the old software uninstalled and the new version is installed and running. You saved the day for me! Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Check it out. This is what I used and it worked great. If I remember right there are two options that show when you run this tool. However, there are two hidden options that will scan and delete deeper. I believe I chose option 4 which will get rid of all installations of Creative Suite installations from CS1, CS2, and CS3.

Good Luck. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.