Windows to Mac - WMA files, and html editing

Reaction score
I will be switching to Mac soon when I get a MacBook for college tomorrow. I have been messing around with my friend's MacBook's, and so I have these questions.

I have tons of music in WMA format that will not be able to be re-ripped. Is there any Media player that works like iTunes that is compatible with WMA, besides the old Windows Media Player 9 compatible with Mac? I have seen the download to allow Quicktime to run these files, but Quicktime does not have the ease of use of iTunes or WMP.

My other question is that I do a lot of basic html editing in Notepad on my Windows, but I noticed that Text Edit doesn't seem to work for this. Is my syntax incorrect? I do the codes in lowercase, but I have heard that it will now only accept all tags in Caps, was this my problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

Reaction score
I believe iTunes will convert your WMA files to M4A (probably with a slight loss in quality), but it might only be the Windows version that does this. WiMP sucks, especially the Mac version, so you should probably stick with iTunes or try Songbird or Cog. Text Edit doesn't seem to support HTML - I recommend Bean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
I had the same problems with WMA files as you, Kahlil. All you have to do is to get a program called Switch. And if I'm not mistaken, you'll need to download Flip4Mac for it to work. I have Switch and Flip4Mac and it converts WMAs without any problems for me. You can then proceed to add the mp3s into your iTunes library.

Note that only the Windows iTunes will convert WMAs into mp3s. The Mac version doesn't have this function.

T

todd51

iTunes will convert it for you, just go into Preferences > Advanced > Import.

As for an HTML text editor, I think Textmate is the best, followed closely by Coda. I believe most people will agree with me on that one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.