Please Help me!

Reaction score
Hi guyz...

i need imediate help. I have a Macbook. I have two partitions one for Mac OS X and one for windows XP. Today i was working on Xp,i went away for some time, my laptop went on standby. when i clicked on laptop, a blue screen error came and laptop restarted. But after restart, it didnt boot. A blank screen came and an error came

Windows.ini Error.
NTDETECT failed.

After that i have tried to boot from Windows XP bootable CD. When I press Option key, an Icon apears,at bottom of icon "windows" is written. but when i click on it, nothing happens.

I am not a regular OS X user. I have lot of data on my hard drive.

Please Help me out. !!!!!!!!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you boot to OS X? What file system are you using for your Windows partition, FAT-32 or NTFS? Let us know and we can go from there....

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You may be out of luck since I don't think you can boot to an XP CD with a mac

Your best bet is to boot in to OS X (option key) and rescue your data first

OP
P
Reaction score
Can you boot to OS X? What file system are you using for your Windows partition, FAT-32 or NTFS? Let us know and we can go from there....

Regards.

no im unable to boot from OS X. im using fat32 for windows. when i try to boot from OS X by holding the option key. a blank white screen appears.

You may be out of luck since I don't think you can boot to an XP CD with a mac

Your best bet is to boot in to OS X (option key) and rescue your data first

i cant boot from OS X. can u plz tell me is there any way to create OS X bootable startup disk so that i can rescue my data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can boot from your original restore CD by pressing the C key on start-up

That will take you to the install restore Screen

Go to the top menu and select Disk Utility, let it run a repair on the OS X partition.

Restart again, and with the option key pressed, if you cannot still boot to the OS X partition, consider starting up from the Restore CD again, and this time reinstall OS X on the OS X partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you really get stuck on this, you can always download an Ubuntu live CD and use that to boot, at least that will give you access to rescue any data if all else fails

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.