Switch Time!

Reaction score
I am getting slightly bored of my current MacBook. I want to sell my MacBook and buy a MacBook Pro. I have had plenty of offers so selling is not the problem. What I want to know is which MacBook Pro to buy. I was thinking of buying THIS ONE but I am not sure if I should switch. The specs are much better but I am worried about how I will manage to get my files to the new laptop. I have heard of Migration Tool but I don't know anything about that.

So my questions are:
1. Should I switch?
2. How will I transfer my files?

Thanks to any help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
1. Do you need the faster CPU, bigger screen, and better graphics card. If you answer yes here, well, yes. Then you should switch !

2. Migration assistant should work fine. If you have a firewire cable you can connect the two Macs together and transfer the settings from your old MacBook to the new one. It is not the only way though, but the easy way. If you start up the migration assistant it will guide you through the steps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Lovely machine, I've got the 2.4 with 4 Gb and it's fab

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.