Disk cleanup equivalent on mac???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
As the title says, does mac have a disk cleanup equivalent? Is there need for such a program? Sorry if these questions are dumb to ask but I'm a total noob to OS X.

I accidentally double posted the same thread, can a mod or admin please delete the other thread please.

Reaction score
Be careful with those cleanup utilities! None of them is smart enough to consistently make correct decisions on your Mac. You really need to be smarter than the utility. Besides, the Mac runs various defrag, and cache cleaning processes automagically. Are you having any particular problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Besides, the Mac runs various defrag, and cache cleaning processes automagically.

which is why i love mac... everything on the mac's are "automagically"

OP
thetruth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Im not having any problems. I was just asking because I was used to running Disk Cleanup on Windows and I wasn't sure if I needed to run such a program on a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
This is something I really enjoy about owning a Mac, is not having to maintain the computer every couple of days. The Mac just doesn't have all these problems that maintaince is needed. The only thing I do myself, is run the three scripts via MainMenu.

I use AppZapper to remove applications (programs) as it removes all files related to the program. AppDelete is another appliction that does the same:)

Basically you will have more time to use your Mac and do what you want on the computer.

Im not having any problems. I was just asking because I was used to running Disk Cleanup on Windows and I wasn't sure if I needed to run such a program on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.