iPod Touch keeps backing up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
After my 2.0 update it keeps backing up before a sync which takes forever! Now it's not syncing everything and I have double checked everything. I have restored it twice due to crash and freeze issues plus this back up issue. Anyone have these issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
I get the same problem with my 1st gen iPhone running 2.0.

For some reason it takes longer than usual to back-up the phone before syncing anything. It only takes about 30 seconds for me though, which is a hassle, but it doesn't bother me too much.

How long is it taking to back up your touch?

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
almost and hour each time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Its not backing up the songs, its backing up the apps. More apps you have longer it takes, if you don't like it check your iPod to "manually manage" or just click the x button next to where it syncs. Also if your ipod crashes instead of restoring it completely just hold the two buttons for a couple of seconds until it restarts.

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do have it set to not auto sync and etc but it still does it. It's just odd that it backs up every time even when i have not added anything new to it. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
You can stop it backing up simply by clicking on the "X" to the right of the backup screen. It then syncs as normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
The process should shorten over time. After backing up 6 or 7 times, I've noticed it doesn't take nearly as long anymore.

OP
MACGIRL34
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I have itunes open and it shows my iPod Touch where is the X that I am supposed to check? It has been backing up for 2 hours or better now. Every time i hit sync it does this. Really getting annoying. I hope Apple fixes these issues soon.

By the way I don't get a back up screen when it does this. I just hit sync and it does it. I'm ready to throw my iPod out the window...LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
I do have it set to not auto sync and etc but it still does it. It's just odd that it backs up every time even when i have not added anything new to it. Thanks for your input.

Everytime you use an application it saves the settings. That's the purpose of the backup (game levels complete, scores, preferences, history, etc.)

Now I am at work and cannot view pictures, but I did notice that you have 4 or 5 screen pics in the "iPhone Homescreen" Thread. That is a lot of apps if they are all full and that explains why it takes so long for you to backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.