single white male looking for laptop

Reaction score
Not like the white part means anything, this IS an age of acceptance and all... but I felt like it fit.

Okay, here's the deal-

My entire life I've owned Windows computers and they're great. But! I'm tired of them, I want to try something new, and just about my only other practical option is a Mac. I'm leaving for school this fall, so a laptop makes the most sense, I'm going to use it for typing papers (do you do this in college?) internet-ing, listening to music, probably most important to me, making music, and now for some ridiculous and totally fictional except under extreme circumstances: self defense, fire blanket, flotation device, cutting board and table leg spacer (you know, when one leg is shorter)

So, What Mac would you suggest for me? Keep in mind when I say Mac, I'm referring to the broad spectrum of all that is Macintosh laptop, I don't know all the lingo yet. My budget.....eeeehh I really don't want to spend more than 2 grand, but plus or minus a couple hundred is possible. Looks isn't a factor, fluffy pink and streamers isn't a problem, nothing scissors and black spray paint can't fix. Nor is size, I've seen the little flimsy air ones, and I'm secure enough with my masculinity to dance around with one of those...
And like I said, music, big deal...garage band rocks (I've played around with it) do all Macs come with it?

oh, and I have a minor World of Warcraft addiction, t5/t6 gnome destro lock (if you can call that minor) so if anyone who sees this and is a WoW player, give me your insight.

thank you!

Reaction score
Macbook 2.4ghz 2gigs ram

1400 at the mac store

You can also buy third party ram if you feel you need to upgrade and or you can run everything off an external hd and keep the internal hdd clean and neat.

Reaction score
Windows is getting worse and worse. Vista is about the most terrible OS I've used. Mac OS X is great, but if you're really looking for an adventure, try GNU/Linux! I recommend the Ubuntu distro - it's great for newbies and supports a lot of hardware. Dell has computers that come with Ubuntu preinstalled.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
And like I said, music, big deal...garage band rocks (I've played around with it) do all Macs come with it?

oh, and I have a minor World of Warcraft addiction, t5/t6 gnome destro lock (if you can call that minor) so if anyone who sees this and is a WoW player, give me your insight.

Yes they do.

It sounds like you need a Macbook Pro if you want to play WoW on it.

Amen-Moses

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
If you want your WoW addiction satisfied then Macbook Pro is your best bet.

t2/t3 elemental troll shaman. And I still use my PC for playing WoW because I've got a Macbook.

The pro gets the added benefit of a seperate graphics card which you will definately need in IF.

Oh.
And Horde are the daddies. You know it really;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.