• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Bad Quality, Sony HDD, Exporting & a 1000 other questions...

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a Mac noob and having adjustment issues.
1. I have a Sony DCR SR100 HDD Camcorder. Althought it records in mpeg2 it is compatible with iMovie 08 in that I can import directly from the camera.
Here is my problem, when I put the movie together, export to the media browser, and burn to iDVD, the video on the TV is lacking in quality. Seems a bit pixelated and not as clear as when I we using Adobe Premier on my PC.

I got streamclip and the Apple playback component so I can convert using that as well. Bottom line is that I want to burn all movies to DVD for the TV. Are there best settings I want to use for both import and export? Is there something I am doing wrong in iDVD?

I've got to run to go see DarkKnight so I'll start my question with those.
Thanks
~Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Perhaps tip 2 here will help. Use the appropriate NTSC export setting. I think 720x480.

To learn more about that export feature you can read my iMovie Export Guide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.