• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It's Here!...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
No, I'm not talking about an iPhone -- The long awaited new Camaro from Chevrolet is now official!

So now we put the rumors to rest....
The New Chevrolet Camaro

Early next year, there will be an RS/SS in my garage.

jah

Reaction score
i know its a must have...
isnt gas expensive?
wont parts be hard to get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Ugh.. I would looooove to have one of those!! No way I'll be able to though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
I would also love to get an SS but I commute 100 miles/day so gas would send me straight to bankruptcy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4ghz
Looks nice! Lower it and its hot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I'm sure its sweet, but I wouldn't trust a Chevy with my life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I like the new Challenger best. The Camaro is way too overdone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Love it, but I'm a Mustang guy. Between the three, I'd still be hard-pressed not to choose a Mustang. Unfortunately, it's just not practical to have two car seats in the back of - nor would it be a great winter time vehicle.

Why don't they offer optional AWD on these things?

OP
thedood
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
i know its a must have...
isnt gas expensive?
wont parts be hard to get?
Gas expensive? I wasn't aware of that? But seriously, the V8 models will have AFM (fuel management which cuts half the cylinders for fuel economy. And by what many of the Chevy owners tell us (who already have this feature in their bigger Chevies), is that you don't notice any lack of power with this function driving on the highway. -- As for hard to get parts, NO. GM / Goodwrench specializes in hi-po parts for GM cars.

How much are they going to cost?
TBA soon. First scheduled deliveries are for March '09. A convert model will be released in early 2010, if not sooner.

Looks nice! Lower it and its hot!
Lower it? It's already low and it's the hottest pony car made.

I like the new Challenger best. The Camaro is way too overdone.
To each their own. But I can you this. The two biggest complaints from the MOPAR fans is that the Challenger is too expensive and too heavy. Trust me when I say I will be hunting Challengers and Cobra 'Stangs early next year.

Why don't they offer optional AWD on these things?
Because these are pony muscle cars.

Reaction score
I would consider myself a Mustang fan, but I could never justify getting one of the new ones because I think they want way too much for them and the fuel economy is fairly poor (consider a 400hp 6.0L GTO is rated the same as a 300hp 4.6L Mustang).

It would be nice to see some competition in the ~$30k sports car market, but I have a feeling the Camaro is going to be a bit more than that.

Reaction score
It's really wonderful, so I hope u will like it

I've seen it, and I like it, I think each people around u will like it too

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Because these are pony muscle cars.

Yeah, but think about the market that would open up. Those us in the snowbelt would never consider one of these for a daily driver - but with optional AWD, it might be viable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Yeah, but think about the market that would open up. Those us in the snowbelt would never consider one of these for a daily driver - but with optional AWD, it might be viable.

Id have to second that, when we lived in Missouri this wouldn't have been an option, especially for my family that mostly lived in St. Charles. Theres just not enough snow plows and salt trucks to drive these there year round.

We had an avalanche and our mustang when we lived there so we could drive the avalanche to visit family in the winter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
What makes this so special then? It looks ugly in my opinion for looks.

Reaction score

No one around here ever seemed to have a problem with buying a RWD car and Indiana gets plenty of snow.

Granted AWD is easier to drive in the snow than FWD or RWD, but I am not sure why people tend to thing that FWD is hands down better than RWD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
I'll just stick with my 05 Mustang Roush Gt, and my 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra..;D

Gas kills me, but i'm only in the states for a couple months at a time, so it's worth it!!!

Reaction score
Bumblebee!!!

(I know I know, the joke's probably been made many times already ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
They've been taking orders for them for a couple of months now, from what I've heard on other automotive enthusiast sites. If you order one now, it would probably be a while before you get it, as in well after March '09.

Some rich kid at my old school is getting one. His parents already ordered it, but I don't know how much they are paying for it. Last I heard, the people who ordered early paid upwards of $90,000. The current prices will be a lot lower, I'm sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.