Facebook anyone?

Reaction score
Ok so after reading the Myspace thread I jumped on the bandwagon and became totally obsessed with it - now that the Myspace obsession has died down, I've become hooked on Facebook!! I love it! I think it's so much better then Myspace and Hi5 and all those other 10 million sites that exist . . . At first I wasn't too keen but my friend made my profile for me . . . I was told "it's at a 'university' level and doesn't have any bogans or teeny boppers" I guess what she meant was that it's a bit more "mature" then the other sites . . . Ok it's hard to explain! But i'm totally hooked on it now and it's really not helping with all this uni work that I have to get done!!
Does anyone else use Facebook??
====================================
welcome to my website, www.ant-shopping.com .

Reaction score
I use both, but I hate Facebook a lot less. MySpace has stupid bulletins and profiles covered in glitter graphics and YouTube videos. I can hardly look at someone's profile without my measly dialup modem bursting into flames (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration). Facebook was good until people started making useless applications. There are a few I enjoy (Graffiti, Define Me, Election '08, StumbleUpon...) but the rest have no purpose but to annoy me!

Reaction score
I use both, but I hate Facebook a lot less. MySpace has stupid bulletins and profiles covered in glitter graphics and YouTube videos. I can hardly look at someone's profile without my measly dialup modem bursting into flames (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration). Facebook was good until people started making useless applications. There are a few I enjoy (Graffiti, Define Me, Election '08, StumbleUpon...) but the rest have no purpose but to annoy me!

yep, i especially hate the people who install every application ever, and the people who keep inviting you to install "which type of fruit are you?" pointless questionnaire things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
Facebook vs. Myspace

I don't think Facebook is really comparable, head-on, with MySpace. Those sites have different functions or priorities. MySpace is now more focused on promoting bands and music, and artists while Facebook is a way to keep updated daily with your contacts.

Reaction score
I don't think Facebook is really comparable, head-on, with MySpace. Those sites have different functions or priorities. MySpace is now more focused on promoting bands and music, and artists while Facebook is a way to keep updated daily with your contacts.

+1. I think that is spot on. I am a facebook user myself though.
The invitations do bother me and I also despise those that litter their page with a load of applications and their wall is at the very bottom. Thank goodness that my friends have the wit to make it so that their wall is the first thing before anything else.

T

todd51

I just use Facebook to keep in touch with friends after college. None of my friends really have too many of the dumb applications installed either, so that's good.

I like to warn people out on the job market not to post dumb pictures of themselves on sites like FB and Myspace, potential employers WILL look you up on them before/after interviews. Keep your profile private and don't accept requests from anyone you don't know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.