iPhone predictive text on normal computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
I was typing on my ipod touch and marvelling at it's accuracy and was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if we had that kind of predictive typing on normal computers?

Do u agree?
Do you think it'll be a feature for keyboards in the future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I prefer to rely on my own brain and grammar skills that were fine-tuned in high school.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
The predictive software on the iPhone and iPod Touch were not designed to help with grammar, or indeed meant in any way to be a measure of your intelligence.

It simply helps you spell quicker.

I would give an example but I'm sure your high-schooled, finely-tuned brain can think of one. :p

I might change my original quote of "wouldn't it be great if..". I'm not quite sure whether it would be great now. But I'm certainly intrigued to see whether it would speed up my typing, maybe make it more accurate too. I'm slightly surprised that there isn't any software around that markets this particular functionality (as far as I know).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
As often as not, the word "suggested by that predictive software is the wrong word. Oftentimes, it even insists on using what it thinks is the right word when faced with a word I'm trying to enter that isn't in its dictionary. I'll stay old-school, thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
My WPM is fine without another thing changing words that I want into words that i don't want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.