dvvd menus and such

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I want to know how I can make menus for dvds, is dvd studio pro 3 best for this?
not really fancy menus, just simple navigational type of menus with an image in the background or something.

W

Wapa18

iDVD works well. but do you have an internal superdrive? because if not, i don't think iDVD will work. dvd studio pro is probably overkill.

Reaction score
Wapa18 said:
dvd studio pro is probably overkill.

not overkill at all. it is so amzingly easy and yet is so customizable it is great. it took me about half an hour to figure things out but after that every thing was flying and took me about 30 mins to make a fairly complex dvd menu for a football dvd i am making for my hs football team

it actually seemed easir to me then iDVD because iDVD is so basic it doesn't let you make it exactly how you want. it gives you a preset and thats about it

PS no one probably cares but The Mission Viejo Diablos Owned all and won the division 2 CIF championship

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
can I use custom images in dvdsp3? like things I make in photoshop? I have an external superdrive, or will in about a week.

V

vtupser

I would use DVDSP3. It is way better and creates a prettier outcome. You can use layered photoshop files and import them into DVDSP3 to make a layered menu with rollover capability. Just make sure that you specify in naming of your layers what is what and what it will be used for, otherwise it can get confusing. If you are really good, you can make a motion menu that has movement like video footage in the background with a menu over top, but rollover colors are limited.

W

Wapa18

Kutless217 said:
not overkill at all. it is so amzingly easy and yet is so customizable it is great.

all i meant is that if you're not looking to spend much money, then dvdsp3 probably is overkill, if you just want to make very basic dvds. if money is no object and you want the ability to go more complex later, then by all means, get dvdsp3. it is very reasonably priced, just not if you want the very basics.

Reaction score
Wapa18 said:
all i meant is that if you're not looking to spend much money, then dvdsp3 probably is overkill, if you just want to make very basic dvds. if money is no object and you want the ability to go more complex later, then by all means, get dvdsp3. it is very reasonably priced, just not if you want the very basics.

i guess thats true...its just that i looked at iDVD once and was just like to **** with this i don't even want it on my comp but for what your saying it works...also the one time i looked at iDVD was when i was trying to make a basic dvd that just plays when you put it in and couldn't figure it out...is it possible?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.