Help Please...

O

Online-interfac

I'm going to be buying my first mac very shortly, being only 18 and doing my hsc funds are very scarce but here is one machine i'm looking at. I would very much appreciate your opinions and information on what this machine may be capable of...

Apple PowerMac G3 300MHz Blue & White, 128MB RAM, CD-Rom, 6GB hd, 10/100 ethernet, 2 x firewire, internal Zip 100MB drive, Apple keyboard & mouse, 2 x usb, running OS 9, original system disks and box.

The asking price for this unit is about $400AU, it's not alot of money, but to me it is if you know what I mean, as much as I want a mac I don't want to go throwing away money so to speak.

Well thankyou very much, for any help...

Dave...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I'm not quite sure about the machine and the deal you are getting. But please don't crosspost into other forums. I've delete your other post. Thanks.

OP
J

JazzTrpt

Online-interfac said:
I'm going to be buying my first mac very shortly, being only 18 and doing my hsc funds are very scarce but here is one machine i'm looking at. I would very much appreciate your opinions and information on what this machine may be capable of...

Apple PowerMac G3 300MHz Blue & White, 128MB RAM, CD-Rom, 6GB hd, 10/100 ethernet, 2 x firewire, internal Zip 100MB drive, Apple keyboard & mouse, 2 x usb, running OS 9, original system disks and box.

The asking price for this unit is about $400AU, it's not alot of money, but to me it is if you know what I mean, as much as I want a mac I don't want to go throwing away money so to speak.

Well thankyou very much, for any help...

Dave...

As far as processor speed and RAM for OS 9, that is probably fine for whatever you need it for, unless you are doing heavy number crunching (video/audio?). The only thing that I would see a problem with is that you have no cd burner and the hard drive is WAY too small. You will regret only having 6 gb in the future.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have an old G3 233MHz, 384MB box. It had a 4GB hard drive. I later replace with a 40GB drive. It is running OS X 10.1.5. Which seems to be working very well. It is mainly used for internet work, surfing and e-mail. Also use for working on resumes.

OP
D

dziner

Better deal

That's not a bad deal. As long as you don't plan on doing high-end audio/video. I've been contemplating selling my Mac around that price, maybe less.

Beige 300MHz G3
576MB RAM
80GB Western Digital drive
ATI 7000 32MB video card
USB 2.0 card with 2 ports
OS X 10.2.6
Lacie SCSI external CDR drive

Let me know if you're interested. I don't think there is anything wrong with selling this outside the country.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.