• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone awake? Can't sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yup, had a really bad day personal-life-wise, anyone up and up for a chat? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've had a horrible week too.
My mom owns a little private school, and I'm the "computer guy", the school recently moved, and I have to set up the computer corner again. Wires, monitors, CDs, keyboards EVERYWHERE, EVERYTHING TANGLED UP, it is SO ANNOYING to reconnect everything, but I get $100 :D (To me, that's alot)

To make matters worse, my HUGE crush rejected me and said she "just wants to be friends, and only that."

AND, I spilled a cup of water on my beloved iPod Touch! I let it sit for three days, and let all the water evaporate, then tried to turn it on. Nothing.
I plugged it into the wall. Yay! The battery is charging! The battery meter said it was fully charged. One hour later, I got the 10% battery remaining warning, recharged it, same thing. The freakin' battery only lasts an hour now!!
Please help me with this: Link to my thread.

This is NOT my week! :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I am awake. What's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Got a really bad personal-life week too, you're not alone ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Bad few days for me, I hurt my back and now Im on disability and can't go to work for one months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Gotta love karma. Life's great. *sarcasm*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hmm, I feel like an outcast, I've been having a pretty good week :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Yup, had a really bad day personal-life-wise, anyone up and up for a chat? :)

You and I are 13 hours apart, I often note your online button active when I'm browsing the forums with my first caffeine fix of the day, about 6.30 - 8 am NZ time. You're welcome to use PM. I'd like to read some more about your Dalmatian, if that's appropriate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I had a pretty crazy show this afternoon and I broke the nut on mah beloved Ezra. ;_;

Luckily, it was a $.72 part.

Reaction score
The life is like that, sometimes u will be happy and sometimes u will be sad

Everyone knows that but I had bad days too, and I don't remember it

that means u should forget about it and think about what will happen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
So.. Okay.. This morning I attended a meeting, Right after then while I was in the car, my nose started dripping blood like rain drops. Rushed to the nearest hospital to stop the bleeding and to find out the problem, did a TNT on my nose and found out that I had a bloodcell which burst. So.. I needed to do laser surgery, they scheduled me at 1pm. Had my surgery, and got out.

So.. Right now. I'm at starbucks. Waiting to meet with one of my clients which I do designing for. Then I've got to attend a night class at 7.

Awesome day.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We should change this to The Bad Day Thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just stayed up all night so that I could drop off some family members at the airport at 5AM. Wasn't so bad, watched some classic TV all night with my cousins. Sad thing is that I have to ship my car out today for my upcoming move to California, so I won't be able to use my car for the next two weeks :(

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't imagine living somewhere as big as America... there's nowhere in Britain you can't drive to in a day... and possibly a night. Luckily I live in the middle :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Whoa... A really bad week became a really good week!!

Last week was just horrible for me (Scroll up, see my previous post).
Now, it's been great!!

- New MacBook came in mail
- Parents bought me a 23" cinema display
- Dating another girl
- :D :D :D !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What the heck!!!
The cinema display friggen' died!!
Genius Bar replaced it for free. Yay!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had a fantastic week. Nothing better than cruisin around sunny Orange County, California in a Benz convertible for a few days :D

My first earthquake was kinda cool too ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Kash, you experienced the earthquake on Tuesday? I was annoyed because it happened when I wasn't in my usual location of southern California (in Montreal now).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, I had just flown in the night before. I was in the area apartment hunting and the first place I go, the earthquake hits. Thankfully, I was sitting in a parked car. At first I thought something was wrong with the car, but then I realized it was a tremor, which was then confirmed first by several people asking if I felt the earthquake and subsequently by hearing it on the radio.

Though on the bright side, I took it as a sign to get the apartment whose parking lot I was sitting in when the earthquake hit ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.