no garageband :/

Reaction score
My computer came without GarageBand.
Now it's a 2nd hand used mac. but I recently installed Leopard on it and I don't think the previous owner would delete garageband.

any place that apple offers to download it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
GoodTimeJoey,

Do you mean you installed Leopard and Garageband wasn't in it? That what it sounds like...

I know it came with my new Macbook, but perhaps it doesn't come with retail Leopard. If not, you'd have to buy Mac iLife to get it - about $80, here: http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

Noel

OP
G
Reaction score
That's just ridiculous.
I need to pay $80 for a program to get garageband which is usually free?

Torrents to the resuce!
:D thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's just ridiculous.
I need to pay $80 for a program to get garageband which is usually free?

No, it's not free. Garageband is part of the iLife suite, which is a separate and distinct from Mac OS X. Every Mac comes with the most recent version of iLife, that is contemporary to the machine. The seller should have provided you with system discs, one of which should contain the version of the iLife suite that originally came with your computer. If you have those discs, you can install iLife without having to reinstall the OS.

Torrents to the resuce!
:D thanks

Note that discussion of software piracy is forbidden here - as is any other illegal activity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.