Mobileme=headache

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this so if you can bear with me..
I have just found out that my mac.com account has been updated to mobileme.I didn't want this but they just did it. Up and till Monday I could send and recieve emails now I can't send anything. Spoke to Apple about this and they wanted to charge me £35 to solve this problem.
Problem: When I try and send email it says problem with port25. This i solved by changing the port settings to 587. However my other half's email settings are buggered. When i try and send her mail I get this message:

"Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator."
The settings in both our mailboxes are the same so whats happening??
Can someone help me?

Reaction score
Mobleme is a new thing which unfortunately did not switch over without a problem or two. As my email works as of a few minutes ago i would think that yours probably does too at this time. If not, it may take a day or two before everything works properly. You didn't have to tell them to switch you, it was automatic. It is an upgrade with new features and larger storage than before at the same cost.

Give them a few days to get the kinks out, do not pay them to "fix" it. It is their job to provide service not charge you to fix their mistakes. If your Mobleme account still doesn't work properly after a time then just tell them you want to cancel your account and why, i bet that will get some action.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.