• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Warranty? What do I do?

Reaction score
I have had my Apple Macbook since New Years and it has begun making a inconsistent beeping noise that has continued for over a week now, and is becoming tiresome and highly annoying.

I checked my Warranty online via the serial code and was pleased it was still in date till December, but they don't like to make things easy...

Of course I don't want to pay for a problem with my computer if it is Apples fault (which I am sure it is, by the vast number of similar cases). Sadly, they tell me I have to take it to a store for repair, and my closest is a StormFront store which is not too far away.

But I am unsure of the procedure, because I am not eager to part with a penny!

Can someone explain to me what I do? and where I stand? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
you just have to take it in and they will look at it, if the warranty is good and it can be fixed they will fix it. the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
It may be something simple too. Mine did the beep deal when starting up, and later while running. Turned out to be a ram issue. If you haven't replaced any parts, then the warranty is still good on all parts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.