Newbie: Windows/Bootcamp question

Reaction score
I just picked up my first mac yesterday with the intentions of using it for digital media maintenance/editing and keeping my pc for Office & QuickBooks use.

I would like to run MS Office on Bootcamp, but I'm not certain if this is possible given that there is a mac compatible version of Office available.

Can I load the MS version of office on Bootcamp?

Also, does anyone know if QuickBooks (for Windows) runs without issue on Bootcamp?

If all is clear, I will officially be able to dump my PC.

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just picked up my first mac yesterday with the intentions of using it for digital media maintenance/editing and keeping my pc for Office & QuickBooks use.

I would like to run MS Office on Bootcamp, but I'm not certain if this is possible given that there is a mac compatible version of Office available.

Absolutely. When you run Windows on a Mac, it's just like running Windows on any other PC. Boot Camp is not a program per se, as much as it is a system for prepping your Mac to have Windows installed natively.

Can I load the MS version of office on Bootcamp?

Also, does anyone know if QuickBooks (for Windows) runs without issue on Bootcamp?

If all is clear, I will officially be able to dump my PC.

Any Windows software should run within Windows, installed via Boot Camp just as if it was running on any other PC.

There's a bunch of other cool options for running Windows on a Mac too. Check into VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop - these software packages actually allow you to run Windows simultaneously, within a window while you're running the Mac OS. It's pretty slick.

Welcome to the Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Exit51,

You have to load a retail version of XP with SP2 or Vista into Boot Camp, then you can load all the Windows software you want into that version of Windows. But you can't load an application like Office by itself.

Open your Applications/Utility/Boot Camp Assistant.app and then print using the button on the first page "Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide." That will tell you exactly what you need.

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.