The switch is official

C

colday

A year ago I bought my iPod. About a month ago I bought my iBook. I just sold my PC, and placed the order (tonight) for a 20" iMac G5 250gb, 512mb RAM (512 more on order), Bluetooth, Airport, Final Cut Express, wireless keyboard & mouse, and the Apple Care thing.

I've made the switch. My PC days are done!

Years ago I was an Amiga fanatic, when they started to go downhill I went to the PC - I've hated that move every since.

The Mac these days are up to the Amiga standards (yes, that is a compliment!). I'm happy to be back with a "real" computer.

For years I've built my own (and other's) systems. I am a MS "partner" (or should I say was (I will not be renewing this next year). I'm tired of the "fun". I just want to have a system that I can enjoy using.

Thank you Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Congrats on the switch.hope you enjoy it, I know you will, especially that g5 imac ;)

OP
C

Cloudane

Nice comparison, I think the Amiga/Mac quality is quite an accurate one to make :)

I wonder, question for the others, has there always been this rate of switching, or only recently? E.g. Firefox as a browser is up to 20% usage now on some statistical sites and there's no doubt that it's increasing insanely in popularity... perhaps people are just a little more open to alternatives nowadays? The iPod has to be a huge help though... there was a slashdot-or-somewhere poll not that long ago and they were identified as a major factor for switching. It was certainly what inspired me to buy my first Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
colday said:
I've made the switch. My PC days are done!

Years ago I was an Amiga fanatic, when they started to go downhill I went to the PC - I've hated that move every since.

The Mac these days are up to the Amiga standards (yes, that is a compliment!). I'm happy to be back with a "real" computer.
Thank you Apple!
Welcome to the forums and congtratz! And your Amiga/Apple comment is a great one! :alien:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.