iTunes Music transfer on USB stick Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
So if i use a USB stick to transfer my music on my hp laptop to my new macbook...the album artwork will move along with it right??? :Confused: :Confused: :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
depends

some systems store the album artwork separately, some software embed it in to the mp3 metadata

transfer the first few tracks and see

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I think if you transfer your entire iTunes folder (including music, library file, etc) album art should work.

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
another question...my current version of itunes is the older one not the new 7.7 or watever the latest version is; would i have to upgrade before the transfer?

Reaction score
I just tried transferring my iTunes library with a flash drive and my podcasts, etc. are messed up... says it cannot find most of them. Is there something I should be doing in iTunes first?? Has anyone used the backup feeture in iTunes?? Is there a way to force the backup to the flash drive instead of the CD drive??

Thanks,
Kim

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
was your music messed up too? Because im pretty mad now, becuz idk how im goin to transfer it

If anyone has done this i really would like to kno if it works since i will be using an iPod touch i want the album artwork on it please please help!

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think if you transfer your entire iTunes folder (including music, library file, etc) album art should work.

i think you have solved my problem. i went into the my computer on the start menu, etc., etc. and opened the iTunes folder and inside it had album artwork the MP3's etc. in sub-folders inside the iTunes one; so im just going to do like you said and copy the folder thanks a million man! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.