mouse & keyboard non-responsive

Reaction score
Hi, recently i've been going through some troubles with my imac, particularly my windows xp partition. I'm running XP through Boot Camp, and my main problem is that when i get to the welcome screen, my mouse & keyboard does not respond, so i can't log in at all. I tried doing a system restore but that still doesn't work. (i was able to do system restore because i'm using parallels desktop to login windows through the mac). after i did a system restore i went through another problem, which was the missing "hal.dll" file. I sorta fixed that problem with the original xp CD with a few repair steps. after i got that problem fixed, i tried to boot up my windows xp partition again, but still my mouse and keyboard are still unresponsive. what's different of my welcome screen is that the resolution is a bit bigger. Any help please! I really want to start working on music using windows again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.