Newbie question

J

Jon

Hey,

I have just bought a copy of photoshop CS for mac, but when i try and install it i get this message.

The software to be installed requires mac os 10.2.6 or newer, which is not on this computer.

I didn't buy my mac that long ago. How much will this new version of OSX cost? Where can i get it from?

If i install it, will i loose all my files?

Thanks in advanced,
Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You might have 10.2 and just need to upgrade to the .6 for free

Click the Apple at the top and click About This Mac to see what version of OS X you have. If it is 10.2.x then you can go to Software Update and download the combo update for 10.2.8 for free

OP
J

Jon

Hi,

Thank you for helping me out. Apparentley i have 10.2.3. So this is ok yeah?

How do i go about upgrading it?

Sorry for the newbie quesitons, thank you for helping me out.

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
To do the software upgrade for free, In the top left of the menu bar there will be a little Apple logo, click on it and a menu will pop down. From this list there should be a "Software Updates" choice, if not, then hit the "About this Mac" choice and when the little window pops up there should be two buttons: one that says "More info..." and another that says "software updates" <---click this one

OP
J

Jon

I have done a search on the apple website and the only update i can find only updates it to 10.2.5.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Click the apple icon in the top left and then click "Software update" the rest should be obvious. :)

**** my slow replying. >.<

OP
J

Jon

When i click it these are the only options that i get....

About this mac,
get mac osx software

system preferences
dock
locatiuon

recent items

force quit

sleep
restart
shut down

log out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.