iPod Touch... need some serious help!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys

Ok, I'm from Peru and I got an iPod Touch. Here's the deal. Apparently, there IS some sort of iTunes Store available for my country, it appears on my iTunes, it says PERU. When I try to create an account I get a lot of crazy errors, specially one saying that the 3 digit security code in my credit card is not right. I updated my Touch to 2.0 downloading the update from a website, so I didn't have to pay for it or have an iTunes account. Now I want to download some apps but the problem is that I don't have an account since I can't create one!

What do I do? Is there some way for me ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz MacBook (4Gb RAM) + Dual 3.2 Xeon MacPro (16Gb RAM) + iPod Touch 32Gb
http://www.apple.com/br/support/

It could be your bank/card. On another site I cannot use my card as it says it cannot authorise it, which is strange as it works with iTunes. When I spoke to the bank, they were stopping it as they suspected it was a fraudulent transaction.

RE the 2.0 update - be careful which ones you use as there are quite a few pre-release beta's floating around the internet which were intended for the iPhone. Obviously Apple will not support these.

OP
L
Reaction score
Is there a way to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 so I can try downloading the "official" update ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz MacBook (4Gb RAM) + Dual 3.2 Xeon MacPro (16Gb RAM) + iPod Touch 32Gb
iPod touch: Basic Troubleshooting

You may be in luck if one of the reset options on the site above work, but to be honest the firmware update you used should have overwritten everything, meaning any reset will only take it back to the installed firmware. As this firmware (if it's the one I'm thinking of) was intended for the iPhone rather than the Touch, then "results may vary", sorry.

If you can get iTunes operational, then you can use that to do a full restore, which "should" result in it downloading the official 2.0 update intended for the Touch.

Updating and restoring iPhone and iPod touch software

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.