similar Virtual Cd software for mac?

B

Buffalo_bob

Hi! My name is bob and I am a newbie in mac things ;-) When I was a PC user I used a software called Virtual CD wich makes cd images and allows me to run it directly from the hard drive without the cd. I want something similar for my new mac (mac os x). They say that disk copy is for that but I have some original cds and I don't know if it can copy them.

Thanks!

Bob*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can use disk utility to create these, its located in your utilities folder inside applications.just drag and drop the desired data from the cd to your hd, open disk utility, click new image, select size and other options, save it it mounts on the desktop like a cd, drag things to it, it copies and thats it, the .dmg file is where you saved it in the pop up, find it, double click to remount the virtual disk, thats it, always eject these mounted virtual disks when done

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.