got my new 3g iphone and only have one odd problem

Reaction score
i cannot seem to get google maps.. loopt, or any other app that is location based to get my current location right.

it always zooms in on a street that was my apartment that i moved out of 2 months ago. That street is also 2 states and a 7 hour drive away..

everytime i try to click the button to locate me on the bottom left of the google maps app it just goes back to that same street really far away.

anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
What is your billing address in your itunes account? I think it uses that for your location

OP
T
Reaction score
it is my home address.

I dont think thats the underlying issue though, cuz on loopt, its supposed to update to whereever you are, as it did on my 2g phone, now with the 3g phone, it always says im at that old apartment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Yes I think you're right about that not being the underlying issue too. Interestingly enough my iPhone with the new update 2.0 does find my correct location now, but my iPod Touch still has my current location half the country away in NYC, and the Touch has never been to NY at all and in fact just came out of the box last week. However, my two wireless routers here in my house in Arkansas were both with me in NYC, so I'm wondering if they somehow still contain some sort of location information?

OP
T
Reaction score
hmm interesting, i disabled wifi and only 3g is on and the thing swirls around forever and never locates me now

edit: nm took a while, but now it works correctly with wifi disabled, just took a while.. so the router/wifi is the problem.. now how to fix it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.