Error (-1426) while restoring

Reaction score
i know there have been quite a lot threads about the updating problems. i haven't found this one anywhere. maybe someone can help me.
i plugged my iphone ( not jailbroken ) in an hour ago to update it. everything went well until restoring. I keep getting this message: An error occured while restoring this iphone (-1426). But all my textmessage are on the phone, all my emails, all my contacts everything.
anyone know what i did wrong?

oh and i just got this message: this iphone cannot be synced. the required file cannot be found.

Reaction score
Same problem

I'm getting the same errors. The things that didn't restore on the phone are the pictures and music. It's as if everything was restored except for the settings telling the phone what music, photos, etc. to sync.

Anyone help here?

Reaction score
Ok, I actually got to the point where I had three backups to choose from (all from today). I ejected iPhone with the button in iTunes and plugged it back in. I got fed up and selected 'delete back up' when prompted. It didn't seem to do anything, there were still three backups present. I selected the original from this morning and tried to restore one last time. For whatever reason, this worked. iPhone is syncing everything right now. Hope that's of some help.

OP
K
Reaction score
thanks, that did the trick! i was about to pack up my macbook and my iphone and go straight to my apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I had the same exact problems. I called Apple and waited 45 minutes or so and was told all these problems resulted from the amount of traffic to the Mac web site. The guy said when one's phone needed some crucial piece of the puzzle to continue it couldn't get onto the site and consequently barfed with the famous -1426. I finally got my phone working with the new 2.0 software. So, I think it doesn't really matter what you do beyond keep trying. I'd surmise that by tomorrow it will be a breeze.

Reaction score
I followed the direction listed above and it worked.

I ejected iPhone with the button in iTunes and plugged it back in. I selected 'delete back up' when prompted. It didn't seem to do anything, there were still three backups present. I selected the original from this morning and tried to restore one last time. Itworked. I did loses a few photos and had to re-sync all my songs, but everything else was ok.

iPhone is syncing everything right now. Hope that's of some help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.