Few Questions...

Reaction score
I may have a better chance of finding out my first question on a Windows forum but I figure I would give it a shot here!

1) Does anyone know how many times I can use the registration code to install Windows on my computers? Is it a one install per code thing, or can I use the code more than once? I have Windows XP w/ service pack 2.

2) I downloaded bootcamp and windows XP on my mac. After using the mac side for a couple of weeks, I now rarely use the Windows side. That being said, is there a way to delete the partition I made and restore my mac to the way it was before I made the partition and downloaded XP?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
1) It is is one license per install... So you can only us it once. But, you can switch which computer it's installed. i.e. You can uninstall it off your Mac, install it on another computer, and use the registration code with no problems...

2) If you want to delete the bootcamp partition and restore the space to OS X:

-Open Bootcamp Assistant - Applications--->Utilities-->Bootcamp Assistant
-You will get the intro screen: hit continue
-check Create or Remove Windows Partition
-Click Restore

Reboot when you are done

Hope This Helps...

OP
S
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the help.

Just so I'm 100% clear, I can uninstall Windows XP off my mac, erase my partition, and if needed in the future, create a new partition and re-install Windows on the same mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
And if the actrivation process gives you grief with a reinstall on the same system, it'll give you a toll free phone number to call to activate via phone, it's automated for the first part and if that system can't do it, it passes you to a real live human, imagine that, just tell them the situation and they will help remedy it !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.