MacBook and requirements question

Reaction score
I'm thinking of either buying a PC or a Macbook soon, but before I do, I want to know that if the Macbook with parallels would support these online games.
Here are the systems requirements:

CPU- Pentium III 1GHz or more or Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or more
Memory- 256MB or more or 512MB or more
Graphics- 64MB or more VRAM or 128 or more VRAM
Hard disk- 2GB or more
OS- Windows 2000 professional, Windows XP Home edition/professional ( not Windows XP pro x64 edition)
Misc. This requires DirectX9.0c
ADSL 1.5mbps or more
I think directx you have to download....

the other game is the same requirements except:
Graphics- 32MB or more VRAM
3D accelerator chip
Misc.- MS-IME

I was hoping parallels or bootcamp would be ok with these requirements because I am already used to using Macs.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It should be fine under Boot Camp, although I wouldn't expect it to be the most fluid experience given the standard MacBook's relatively lightweight graphics processor.

OP
A
Reaction score
I have an iBook G4 right now and I was also wondering if this would work if I installed Windows XP through either, Q (QEMU), virtual PC 7 , Guest PC, or Darwine.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have an iBook G4 right now and I was also wondering if this would work if I installed Windows XP through either, Q (QEMU), virtual PC 7 , Guest PC, or Darwine.

No, it won't. The VM-based products you mentioned have no 3D acceleration capability. Darwine won't work because it's compiled for x86 and not PPC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.