Switching Profiles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 Dual Core 2GB RAM
Good Morning All,

I am a newly converted Mac owner. Yes, so far other then no right mouse button, I LOVE IT! One thing that I have not figured out is a feature I liked in XP and Vista. The ability to switch users without logging them off. Is there a capability similar on the Mac?

Thanks
Steve

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Good Morning All,

I am a newly converted Mac owner. Yes, so far other then no right mouse button, I LOVE IT! One thing that I have not figured out is a feature I liked in XP and Vista. The ability to switch users without logging them off. Is there a capability similar on the Mac?

Thanks
Steve

There are two mouse buttons on the Mighty Mouse, but you have to enable that functionality in the System Preferences => Keyboard & Mouse. This is a nice write up that describes the process.

You can do fast user switching by enabling it in System Preferences => Accounts => Login Options => Enable Fast User Switching.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac and OS X!

Let's see if we can help you out with both.....

First, fast user switching. See this Apple article:

http://www.apple.com/sg/macosx/features/fastuserswitching/

Second, right mouse clicking is very much alive and well in OS X just as it is in Windows. You can setup your mouse buttons (whatever brand of mouse you have) from System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse. Just click on the applicable tabs and change whatever options you desire.

BTW, you can also effect a right click with a trackpad. (Same as Windows.)

Regards and enjoy your Mac.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06 Dual Core 2GB RAM
Thanks for all your help. These two things just made my day a little better!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.