How easy is it to switch from Windows to Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
Hey i am buying a macbook and was wondering is it a big hassle? Like to transfer itunes music, move photoshop over, etc. Has anyone experienced a major problem when doing this? How easy, if u can rate on a scale of 1-10...10 being very easy and...1 consisting of many calls to the mac support line; that would be great.
thanks in advance:D

just needed to add i am buying the macbook definately just a little nervous about the difficulty of the switch...thanks again

Reaction score
That depends on exactly how much you need to transfer over and how you choose to go about it.

What is it you need to transfer?
What OS is your current computer running?
How were you planning to transfer the data - do you have an ethernet cable, wifi network, external hard drive, etc?

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just transfering music, pictures and photoshop...um currently runs on windows XP and i dont have external hardrive, but like how would i got about that

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i do have wifi :)

Reaction score
Well if you don't have a lot of data, you could just do it over wifi, however if you have a lot of data, it might be easier to get an ethernet cable or cheap usb stick for transferring stuff - I see you have a first gen iPod, I am not familiar with how they work, but can you use them for disk use? (i.e. can you manually drop files in there?) and how much space does that have?

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
um...not sure...lol i know its not helping but so usb will be fine?, thanks

Reaction score
If you have a USB drive, you can certainly use that to transfer files over, provided you have a large enough USB drive to not make however many trips you'll need make you want to shoot someone. (i.e. if you're using a 128M USB stick to copy 80GB of data, not a good idea, but if you're using a 1GB USB stick to copy 5GB of data, you'll be fine)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
I'd do it over WiFi. It's almost hassle-free and hands-off (as opposed to constantly shuttling a USB drive between computers). If you have a lot of data, just leave it copying overnight ;)

Reaction score
how would you do the transfer using an ethernet cable?? I saw on the Apply website that you could connect the two laptops with an Ethernet cable but they don't explain what to do from there....

Reaction score
The other computer should then just show up in the Finder, or it may need to be networked (System preferences --> Network --> Ethernet)

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im sorry but im so new at this kind of stuff...so how would i go about transferring over my wifi connection? Never done it before

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.