Intel High Definition Audio Problem...

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and I hope I can find my solution from this forum...

Allright, problem is, when I tried to install my win xp64 bit onto my mac via bootcamp, bootcamp crashed and i have to format and re-install macOSX, so I didn't wanna wait for it and go for booting setup of XP, I put my cd into mac boot and Install...

Everything works fine 'til it comes to sound... I'm not sure what my sound card is (Since MacOSX says Intel and my only suitable driver is IDT Sigma Tel) but I always get Error Code 10 :

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

So any install or any driver that i tried was useless and when searched it on the internet I saw lots of people are getting same error not only with XP but vista... I contacted to Microsoft but they dont have even any clue, I installed lots of driver, update any solution that microsoft offers (Even Hotfixes) but nothing changed...

So if anyone here gets the same thing, please lemme know bout this and if you guys any solution, itll be much appretiated...

I'm looking forward for your messages...

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well firstly, Boot Camp doesn't support 64-bit versions of Windows XP or Vista. Or rather... it didn't. Boot Camp 2.1 officially supports 64-bit Vista, not XP. According to Wikipedia:
In mid-January 2008, it was discovered that the Mac Pros had been updated to include 64-bit driver support for both Windows XP and Vista. These drivers can also be used on the late 2007 MacBook and possibly other current or recent Macs. However, no such guarantees exist with earlier machines. Boot Camp 2.1 officially supports Windows Vista x64.

Secondly, you didn't indicate if your copy of Windows XP has service pack 2 pre-applied in the install disc. SP2 is REQUIRED for Windows XP installs under Boot Camp. I presume this would be a requirement for the 64-bit version if that is even installable, officially or not.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ahm yes I forgot,

I installed XP 64bit with SP1 and then I installed the SP2, does it make any sense for audio...

BTW, that means I cant install XP64bit ? Cause Resellers in my Country says XP 64 bit can be installed even though they are not suggesting...

So I want my sound back :)

Other interesting stuff, I can install 64bit driver for my sound card (which is IDT Sigma Tel (Im not sure, if you guys can say what your audio driver is ))
But after restart, noway, nothing changes...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.