MP3 Tag Editor

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good MP3 Tag Editors for OSX?

MusicMatch JukeBox had an AMAZING Mp3 editing system... only for windows though...

If anyone can find anything like this or has anything that is good (and possibly free) please tell about it

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Does anyone know of any good MP3 Tag Editors for OSX?

MusicMatch JukeBox had an AMAZING Mp3 editing system... only for windows though...

If anyone can find anything like this or has anything that is good (and possibly free) please tell about it

I googled "mp3 tags os x" and this was on the first page of results:

http://www.pa-software.com/products/overview.php?prod=BC3B2E3A

Don't know if it's any good hough as I've never found any need to edit mp3 tags!

Amen-Moses

OP
M
Reaction score
I found a program called ID3X for OSX - seems perfect for anyone who wants to edit tags, because iTunes does NOT do it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I thought you could edit this info in iTunes - select your song and hit cmd+I - is this not the same thing?

There is something called iEatBrainz which does a pretty good job of getting missing info for your un-nammed tracks - but again - I'm not sure if this is quite the same as what you require.

Reaction score
look for an audio convertor.. i have one.. but i think its windows only.. i'll look into it for you :)

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I thought you could edit this info in iTunes - select your song and hit cmd+I - is this not the same thing?

No, that information is stored in an xml file which iTunes uses to organise your library. Some of the information is intialised from the mp3 (or aac) tags or even from the information stored on an audio CD but when you edit it you are only editing the xml file.

I'm not sure if iTunes writes information into the mp3 files if you burn them to a CD, probably not.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
If you right click on a song in iTunes and choose "Convert ID3 Tags" then the tags are written to the mp3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.