Ipod Touch Not Working...please Help

P

petedogg27

well i decided to jailbreak my ipod touch 16gb once again using the pwnage the tool. in the past i have used jailbreakme.com on my touch and ziphone. i decided to use the pwnage tool this time because it was recommend by ipodtouchmaster on youtube. i was an idiot and unplugged my ipod while the pwnage tool was pwning my ipod because i was in a rush to go somewhere. now my ipod touch remains at a black screen not responding to the home button or the on/off button on the top. it also doesn't connect to my computer. is there anyway i can fix my problem. if not do you think i can return my touch to best buy and get a new one????

PLEASE HELP:'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
When you say it doesn't "connect" to the computer, I assume you mean that when plugged in and iTunes is open, it fails to show up as a connected device? If so, then I'm pretty inclined to say yer screwed. If not, then open iTunes while the iPod Touch is connected and see if it picks it up. If it does, then run the RESTORE option.

Also try Googling using terms "unbrick" "ipod touch" and see if any of those solutions help.

if not do you think i can return my touch to best buy and get a new one????

LOL! Yeah... good luck with that.

OP
P

petedogg27

well when i say that it doesnt connect, that means that when i plug it in to my computer nothing happens at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
well when i say that it doesnt connect, that means that when i plug it in to my computer nothing happens at all

Ok. Then try opening iTunes as I suggested and see if it happens to recognize the iPod. If it does, then continue reading the rest of my suggestion.

OP
P

petedogg27

good news. i sent my ipod in to apple and just said that it wasnt turning on after leaving it plugged into the computer for a week. they gave me a free new one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.