I Switched!

Reaction score
Yes, at long last and after a great deal of research I have become a Mac owner!

I bought a the white Macbook with the Superdrive and 160 gig hard drive. I figured that I can upgrade the memory to 4 gigs and the hard drive to 320 gigs and be better than the black one for the same money.

I'm a student, so I got a free 8gig iPod touch, a $30 wireless printer, $30 off MobileMe (its .Mac for another couple of days) as well as $10 off the cost of the machine! I would've bought a Mac anyway, but the deals Apple gives students are amazing!

To anyone reading this (as I did before I switched), get the Mac you are thinking about. You cannot go wrong. At the very least, even if you HATE Leopard you can run Vista faster than most other machines--you'll love Leopard though. I am on day three and I already have a good handle on things. It really is very intuitive. I was a little wary of dropping to a 13" screen, but it is the perfect size, surprisingly.

My only complaint is iTunes. I don't dig it much at all, as the ID3 tagging features are totally lacking. I have 240 gigs of music that isn't uniformly tagged and I have yet to find a program in OSX that rivals Media Monkey or even Winamp for this. So I have a great deal of work on my hands getting everything nice and neat. A few weeks, actually.....

If you are a power user in the Windows environment, as I am, you will freak out at how easy and fun a Mac is. It means nothing as far as productivity goes, but the Macbook is really sexy to look at. I'm just sayin'...

Reaction score
I switched myself a few days ago. I got a black MacBook and a 32GB iPod Touch. I would say that the black MacBook is a very good deal and machine, given the fact that it can rival the MBP in terms of processing speed and that it has a larger hard drive than the base model. The only thing the black MB doesn't have is a video card like the MBP. That's unique to the MBP though.

But I love Mac!!! It's so elegant in interface, intuitive in use, and is a beautiful computer. I LOVE IT!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
I also have a black macbook which is fairly new to me (about a month now=) and I am in love! Leopard is very intuitive and all you really need is a day or two with it before you are proficient enough do to most standard things. Very fast, very easy to work with, and a highly beautiful machine! Sometimes its just nice to look at how sleek and clean cut it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
My only complaint is iTunes. I don't dig it much at all, as the ID3 tagging features are totally lacking. I have 240 gigs of music that isn't uniformly tagged and I have yet to find a program in OSX that rivals Media Monkey or even Winamp for this. So I have a great deal of work on my hands getting everything nice and neat. A few weeks, actually.....

Which is why I wrote a little bash script that tags mp3 files based on the name of the tune. I have all my songs named with Artist - Title - Album.mp3 and using a Darwin port (id3v2) and standard command line and bash script logic to take all songs in a folder with the extension .mp3 and with variables and some tricky algorithms will tag the song appropriately. I do this before I import them into iTunes, however.

You have to know a little bit about UNIX and the bash shell, (okay, maybe a lot) however, but it works nice for me.

I did, however, have a few weeks of my own work to make sure all the files were named correctly and thus had some other scripts I needed to write to get that happening what with all the different places I got the music from (old school Napster, recorded from streams, etc.) but it was worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.