Time Capsule for Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5
Will Time Capsule work with both Leopard and Tiger. For Tiger I would just like to use the Wireless Internet, but for the Mac running Leopard in the house I would also like it to back up the computer along with providing wireless internet.

Will it meet both these needs?

And... If you have TC what do you think of it? The reviews on apple are iffy but I would like to hear some more. I would be getting the 500 GB.

Thanks,

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Personally I would invest in just an Airport Extreme Base Station and then an external USB Hard Drive (which is exactly what I personally have done). For whatever reason, if you want to take the USB drive with you (offsite backup for example), then you have to take your whole router if you buy a Time Capsule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yes, Time Capsule works as a router like any other router.
Time Capsule is also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station. Every computer in your house can work off a wireless network at blazing speeds. And they can back up wirelessly to the same Time Capsule.

Note how that says "every" computer. Not "every computer as long as they are running Leopard". Also... Tiger can read/write to the Time Capsule. You'll just need your own backup software if you decide you want to use it as a backup for Tiger also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.