wireless issue / airport question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4ghz 15"
I have a macbook pro, and a windows desktop and windows laptop all on the same network.

since i've got my macbook pro ive become a lot more ... lazy due to the ease of use for the macbook pro haha.

i've basically kept my desktop off since i got it, and my windows laptop is usually off regardless. but the issue is that when i turn on my laptop it usually takes a whole 4-6 minutes for the airport to recognize my connection, and randomly the wireless will just shut off and won't turn back on for about 45seconds - 90 seconds. but the reason i find it weird, is because if i have my windows laptop on at the same time this is going on, i can still use the internet fine on my other wireless laptop, but it cuts out on the macbook pro.

sometimes it just completely won't load back up and the internet will only be working for my windows laptop, and then i have to reset the router for the macbook to start working again properly.

it's a linksys router.

any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Open your front door and throw those Windows machines out as far as you can! Or you can do as I did and install Ubuntu on them! ;)

Seriously ... are they all wireless?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4ghz 15"
nope, the desktop is wired. and it works 100% fine , all of the time.

the laptop is windows (wireless) though, and it works .. 100% of the time.
my macbook pro (wireless) works 83% of the time haha.
and when its wired it works fine.

i'm not sure what it might be!
it's been bothering me though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
Are you using a static IP setup or DHCP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.