How do i burn toast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerboook G4 17" 1.67GHz 512MB ram, iPod 60GB, iPod shuffle
Alright, here's the thing.
i have a copy of a toast file. which is 3 gigs in size. and i have an ibook which is only a combo drive. and i'm unable to burn DVDs.
and my friend's pc has a dvd burner. is it possible to burn a toast file on windows?
and if it is possible, what programs are there?
thank you very much!

cheers~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
toast file? is it an iso or disk image? or a file you saved in toast? if its an iso or disk image of some kind, you can copy it to the pc and burn it in nero or easy cd creator, if its a .toast file you saved, I dont think a pc can burn it, I recommend if its a toast file you saved, get an external dvd burner, or borrow one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
If you are just looking to get the file on a DVD because of its size, then you could just zip it and then tranfer the zip file to the PC and burn it to the DVD in its zip form.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
rberry88 said:
If you are just looking to get the file on a DVD because of its size, then you could just zip it and then tranfer the zip file to the PC and burn it to the DVD in its zip form.

As a toast file is an image file, that wouldn't make much sense. Anyway, ever tried to zip a 3GB file?!? That'll take forever...

What you can try, minus182, is open the toast file with Toast on your Mac, and save it as iso file. I don't know if it works, I never tried, but I don't really see why it shouldn't.
Then transfer the iso to the PC (via LAN for example) and there you can burn it with Nero or Easy CD creator, as Macman said.
I never used Easy CD creator, but as it come from the same company than Toast (called Roxio), it might be possible that it can burn toast files...but I can't tell you for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
You think transferring a 3GB file from a Mac to PC is going to be faster than zipping a 3GB file?? I'm not about to do it just to prove a point but I think it would be faster zipping it and burning it.

But hey, that's my opinion and since its not my problem, its not going to cause me to lose sleep. LOL

OP
minus182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh, thanks guys.
I think i'll go and experiment and com back here my little adventure.

Once again, thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
rberry88 said:
You think transferring a 3GB file from a Mac to PC is going to be faster than zipping a 3GB file?? I'm not about to do it just to prove a point but I think it would be faster zipping it and burning it.

But hey, that's my opinion and since its not my problem, its not going to cause me to lose sleep. LOL
Well even if you zip a 3GB file, it will still be pretty big, and you'll STILL have to transfer it between the mac and the pc. So it will still take quite a while AND you would have had to wait for it to be zipped...

For the record though, I can't see a way to save a .toast file as an .iso file??

You have the option of saving it as a .dmg file, but that's obviously not what he wants to do..

Maybe you can burn the file across multiple CD's...not perfect either though...

Reaction score
Could you network the two and just transfer over the network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He could, but the point is that the file is a .toast file, which can't be opened by Nero or any other windows burning app.(presumably at least)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
nope, .toast file cant be opened on a pc, but if he has the original files used to create the .toast file, he can open toast and use the original file to create an iso.

OP
minus182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems like i only can borrow an external dvd drive and burn the toast.
Thank you anyways!
cheers~

Z

zeppster

Repeatedly push down the toast on setting "10" until it becomes very black and crunchy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha, brilliant answer...

OP
minus182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh, now i get it.
but i forgot to disable my smoke alarm. woke up the darn neighbourhood.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Lmao I'm glad that other dude with the 'repeated 10 setting' reply isn't the only one to realize the funniness of the thread title, and how big of dorks we are for knowing what he ACTUALLY means rather than what 'How do I burn toast?' sounds like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.