Laptop Help

Reaction score
Ok, so I need to get a laptop for college, and I need a little help deciding on what to get. It's between a Macbook and a Dell, and I'm definitely leaning towards the Macbook, but the Dell will probably end up being a bit cheaper, and my parents aren't totally convinced on spending the extra money. They already know about how you get a free Ipod and printer, and there's also the fact that Mac's get basically no viruses, and I've already tried out my friends and I really liked it. But I've used Dell's for so long now it might be kind of a weird change, although most people I know that have switched from PC's to Mac's have said they don't want to go back. So I'd appreciate it if anyone could fill me in on why Mac's are better and why my parents should shell out the extra cash. And just so you know, I don't do much gaming.

After reading the rules just now, I realized this forum is only for hardware issues. Can someone direct me to the proper forum to post this in please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
well you should do a lil search and see the pro's on the mac over the PC. you have to weigh out what you want.. but the mac could/can run windows on it if you needed.. and if you just need word, and powerpoint and such you can just get office for mac.. i dont have one yet but i am sold on getting one for my next comp. i like apple for the same reasons you listed above.. (viruses) i have a custom made dell 2gb processor, 2gb ram 100 HD i bought it in 06 and i have had to order a new HD from dell (due to HD issues) and reformatted it quite a few times. so i am boycotting Dell for sure. Apple all the way. you can buy the basic macbook and always upgrade the ram and harddrive later when you need more speed and space.

so in closing (maybe you can tell your parents this) you are not paying for the hardware you are paying for the software and the piece of mind that you have something that will last you a good while b4 you need to upgrage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.