Windows install CD won't boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been trying to get windows (xp pro sp2 retail) working on my macbook for a few days now, after i repartition the disk and reboot to start setup, I get a blinking cursor in the corner of the screen (like PCs do before they load the OS)

This happens when i try to boot from any cd (xp, 2k3, linux). I'm wondering if an OS update broke it? ( see: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114617 )

Running Leopard 10.5.4, boot camp 2.0.

Also the bootcamp volume doesn't show up when I hold option before boot, only RahXephon (my mac drive) and "Windows" (the cd). Is it normal for the bootcamp volume to not show up?

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything I should try to fix it?
Thanks ;_;

Reaction score
You have to replace the cd drive. Just take a screwdriver and pull it out.

Reaction score
hey janus zeal!
I'd like to welcome you to our forums! I hope you enjoy your stay. ;P
I am afraid that the user "Lulzwhut" is a troll. :( That makes me angry. :Not-Amused: While I usually ignore such posts, this one might cause you, a computer newbie, to make mistakes in your further career of using computers. ;) So please allow me to help you. :Cool:

Let's start by purging our personal files folder. This is the most common solution for your specific issue. :D If that doesn't work, delete completely the remains of your files. They obviously interfere with the work of the file system and related merchandise, and without removing the files you can't work on your Macintosh as you planned. :[

Glad I helped ;P,

Matt Sparks
OSX 10 / Ubuntu 10.4 user

Reaction score
No, No, No. What you do is you have sex with the USB's, then Try to run Windows, If that doesnt work, Then balls.

Reaction score
Welcome!

hey janus zeal!
I'd like to welcome you to our forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.
I am afraid that the user "Lulzwhut" is a troll. That makes me angry. While I usually ignore such posts, this one might cause you, a computer newbie, to make mistakes in your further career of using computers. So please allow me to help you.

Let's start by purging our personal files folder. This is the most common solution for your specific issue. If that doesn't work, delete completely the remains of your files. They obviously interfere with the work of the file system and related merchandise, and without removing the files you can't work on your Macintosh as you planned.

Glad I helped,

Matt Sparks
OSX 10 / Ubuntu 10.4 user

Welcome to our community janus zeal! :Smirk:

The post by f0rked is what you should try to do ;). All the other posts in this thread by both Olga and TheJanusZeal are trolls :Not-Amused: and the mods should do something about them. Trolls are awfully annoying and I get very angry at them. :(

I am here to help as well as f0rked :D. If you need anything just ask and we will be glad to answer. ;P

Enjoy your stay at our forums! :Cool:

James Tampt ;)

Reaction score
I've been trying to get windows (xp pro sp2 retail) working on my macbook for a few days now, after i repartition the disk and reboot to start setup, I get a blinking cursor in the corner of the screen (like PCs do before they load the OS)

This happens when i try to boot from any cd (xp, 2k3, linux). I'm wondering if an OS update broke it? ( see: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114617 )

Running Leopard 10.5.4, boot camp 2.0.

Also the bootcamp volume doesn't show up when I hold option before boot, only RahXephon (my mac drive) and "Windows" (the cd). Is it normal for the bootcamp volume to not show up?

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything I should try to fix it?
Thanks ;_;

j81lyr.png

Reaction score
No, No, No. What you do is you have sex with the USB's, then Try to run Windows, If that doesnt work, Then balls.

Please do not double post. If you want to add something to your previous post, use the
edit.gif
button. ;)

Welcome to our community janus zeal!

The post by f0rked is what you should try to do. All the other posts in this thread by both Olga and TheJanusZeal are trolls :Not-Amused: and the mods should do something about them. Trolls are awfully annoying and I get very angry at them.

I am here to help as well as f0rked. If you need anything just ask and we will be glad to answer.

Enjoy your stay at our forums!

James Tampt

I thank you for your cooperation, James. These individuals you carefully pointed out are indeed guilty in providing shameful posts. :Shouting:
Best regards :Cool: ,

Matt Sparks
OSX 10/Ubuntu 10.4 User :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No Trolling or racial comments are allowed here. I am closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.