Macbook freezes copying 100gb of mp3s help please

Reaction score
Hi I am new here after transfering from the dark side of pc to the macbook. I have a 500gb external hard drive which i formatted into mac. I then copied my entire itunes collection over to it. Now i am trying to add the music back to the itunes library on the macbook. the problem is when it is copying the files it keeps freezing and the rotating beach ball comes on and thats it. I can then only get the mac book to shut off by pressing the off button. Sometimes i get further than others. I have about 78gb of music and my ipod is 160gb classic. If i click organise itunes it freezes when organising the itunes folder so i then unclick this option. Now it adds the files ok but when processing cd album art work it freeezes at about 8ooo tracks into processing. I am using mac book itunes 7 and osx. I have some of the purchases on dvd and these backup onto the itunes no problem so why my other files. They were working ok on windows laptop so whats going on here? please help as i am pulling my hair out. Also i used to use roxio to tagg my mp3s and this wont work with mac. I have tried various options for the mac but cant find one that is any good or easy to use for tagging over 21000 files in one go?

OP
S
Reaction score
Bulk transfering and tagging mp3s in itunes

Forgive me if thas been asked before but i am a newbie here. Can anyone recomend me a mac compatible programme for tagging mp3s and getting album art for bulk transfers of over 21000 tracks. I used to use tunesleave but its only on pc. I have purchased tunefix or something like that but i cant fathom out how to use it ? Please help out a little newbie here cheers as 21000 is a lot of tunes to tag manually? I also need a programm that can mass/bulk delete duplicates from the itunes library? cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 PPC 1.25mhz 256 mb Panther, iBook G4 800mhz PPC 256mb RAM Panther OS
Just as a matter of interest, how much RAM do you have ?
G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Wrong section.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.