• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

O2 Offering Pre-Order on iPhone 3G in UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yup, as the title says, order now for delivery on the 11th.

No white ones though, I wonder when we can get those.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Online store is apparently down to maintenance though! Aargh, I'm all excited again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook ipod 5th gen 30GB (white)
Just brought myself an iPhone on O2.co.uk. So looking forward to it.

Reaction score
doesnt seem to be any news on the pay as you go iphone yet, guessing its going to be released later

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
PAYG iPhone 3G Delayed Until.....Christmas

Today, it's been confirmed that the pay-as-you-go (PAYG) - or Pay & Go - iPhone 3G has been put on the backburner for the UK and will not ship later this week on July 11.

Gizmodo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I have been trying to order since 8:15 this morning & still havent got one yet, all i keep getting is page crash's!

anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I was getting that to start with. Finally got through to the end and got an order number but no confirmation email as yet :(

Site looks like it's down again too!

Very poor, they got us all to pre-register so there's no excuse for not being able to judge the volume of web traffic etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
o2 sells out in hours

Wow - looks like your best bet at the minute is to go to Car Phone Warehouse - or try o2 later in the week.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm... I ordered an 8GB, 16 was sold out. Hope I actually get it now. Got the confirmation email.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ooops... now have a 16GB one ordered from The Carphone Warehouse as well, if I end up with 2 one's going back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hmm... I ordered an 8GB, 16 was sold out. Hope I actually get it now. Got the confirmation email.

What status do you have on the 'My Orders' page if you don't mind me asking.

Mine says 'in progress' even though I still haven't had a conf email.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't find the 'My Orders' page...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
neither can I now! Arrrgghhhh bl***dy O2!

It 'was' a menu item within 'My O2' but it's gone now -sigh-

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Carphone Warehouse order has been cancelled, no explanation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Its ridiculous!

They all knew the demand was going to be high and had plenty of time to make appropriate arrangements to handle the volume of people logging on to get one.

Just another prime example of poor communication, bad planning and shoddy management

I finally did get through to a page saying something along the lines of "thank you for your order, we are processing it and will send you a confirmation e-mail shortly" - That was earlier this afternoon, I still have no e-mail, I didn't get an order number or anything. At present I don't know how many iPhone’s I have ordered (if any) due to my multiple attempts and the pages simply crashing.

I will be one unhappy O2 customer if I look at my bank balance later in the week and find I’m a few hundred overdrawn or something because I've managed to order 16 iPhone’s lol!

We'll have to wait & see anyway. :Angry-Tongue:

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I called the Carphone Warehouse and had a good chat with the guy. My bank refused the card payment BTW.

Anyways, he says they only got 5,000 phones for preorder, out of a total of 30,000, which he hates because there's no reason other than the agreement with Apple and O2 stopping him from sorting mine out. His call centre is also a nightmare - they had 90 people in the phone queue and had been banned from making outbound calls to any customers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
OK, just spoke with someone at an O2 call centre; I'm not alone in not having any confirmation e-mail or anything yet.

He said to give it until tomorrow afternoon because their systems are having trouble processing all the orders.

Fair enough, he was honest which is good. I just hope I managed to get one and that it wasn't a glitch/error that got me onto the 'congratulations' page.

So for anyone else in my situation, sit tight and hopefully you will get an e-mail within the next 12-24 hours saying that your shiny new iPhone will be on its way to you soon!

Chris :Smirk:

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Carphone Warehouse apparently still have the 8GB in stock if anyone is still looking!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Ordered mine at about midday - luckily only wanted the 8GB as the 16GB was already sold out.

To be honest, O2 really need to sort out their shop - was full of terribly unprofessional bugs the whole time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.