iMac and HP G85

Reaction score
Newbie here. I bought the whole iMac bit and just got my machine up. I want to keep my old HP G85 printer. I loaded the software on line from HP and it works, BUT, I can't get it to print in Draft or B&W. I have searched the internet and this forum. Several folks have asked and and no one has answered, a bad sign.

HELP! Does anyone know of a driver download that will allow we to have the print options I had on my old "Worthless" windows PC?

Thanks

OP
H
Reaction score
Soulwar,

Thanks. I have looked all through those before and have left a message to HP. I appreciate the try. Still nothing. I have been trying to get to color sync and can't get that installed either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Soulwar,

Thanks. I have looked all through those before and have left a message to HP. I appreciate the try. Still nothing. I have been trying to get to color sync and can't get that installed either.
Probably the best you can do right now. If they don't have the latest drivers or programs you need, you're at their mercy for awhile. If I find anything that will help, I'll be sure to post it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I would really like to keep this machine. I guess I can always print in windows through Boot Camp. Seems a shame that either the iMac is not as main stream as I was lead to believe or that HP doesn't believe it is main stream enough to develop a driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.