Well I did it...........

Reaction score
.........I joined the ranks of mac owners today (well iMac to be precise).
Took the plunge and bought an iMac 2.66ghz 20"
So far so good, still using the pc for now though till I get all my files backed up ready for transfer.
So I guess there will be a few questions to be asked and a few problems on the way but so far I'm quite pleased with it in a 'should have done this a while ago' sort of way - if that makes any sense at all!!!
So..... I'm going to get me a book or two and look through this site for help setting it up hopefully everything will be sorted by next weekend! I have a time capsule on order and have a feeling the best way to back all my files up from the pc will be to the TC and then run them from the iMac!! feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Congrats and welcome. You will enjoy it thoroughly, and this is a great place to come for help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Mick, congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of Mac!! May you and your iMac have a happy relationship for many years... Noel

Reaction score
Welcome to you and your iMac! This is a great forum and should be a lot of help and friendship to you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
I've had macs since i was in 7th grade, i took a graphic arts class, which only a select few got into to, and at the beginning of every school year, we would get a mac laptop that was ours for the year, and ever since then, havn't kept my hands off a mac!! You'll love it!!!

Can't believe i didn't join these forums sooner!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
heh, congrats. :]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.