how to get windows bootcamp to show better colors?

Reaction score
I've noticed that my screen of my macbook pro shows everything alot more vibrant and rich when running under osx. I'm not sure why. I'm running windows xp sp2 proffessional under bootcamp, and I have the same wallpaper on both. The one on the mac side looks so much better and richer with color. Is there any way to make the windows side better?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's possible. Download the latest drivers for your graphics adaptor and update while in Windows. I did that for my MacBook which uses the Intel GMA X3100 graphic chipset. The latest Windows XP drivers from Intel improved color rendition, resolution, and overall graphic speed. Apple even advises to check for later drivers than what are on the Leopard disk.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I looked it up on google a bit and couldn't find much in the way of upgrading the bootcamp graphics drivers. Currently I have ForceWare version: 167.63 installed. Has anyone upgraded theres and if so did you notice any performance decrease in games or anything. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.